My wife and I recently went on a nature trip. Three days hiking and sleeping in the woods, followed by two days at a campground nearBrooksville . I turned my cell phone off on Friday and didn't turn it back on until Tuesday. Loved it. Just some thoughts I had along the way
1. It's actually really easy to go 5 days without twitter, facebook, RSS feeds, digg, etc. All told nothing that important happened while I was gone, and it'd probably be the same for any week out of the year.
2. Natural bug repellent doesn't work, or I'm just too damn delicious.
3. Nothing is more peaceful than canoeing down a river, even one that is only 6 inches deep.
4. State parks don't allow alcohol.
5. The dog drinks just as much water as we do but he's too small to carry his own.